Saturday, August 25, 2012

Blessed to be Having a Baby

Prelude:

On March 10th, I went to see my OB Gyne to consult her about a concern which apparently had something to do with my cervix and ability to conceive. She prescribed a medicine which I had to take for a week so that my cervix would heal. She explained that if it remains untreated, I would have difficulty conceiving again. But we were already planning on having another baby so of course I wanted to get better. And so I obliged and took the medicine.

The Symptoms and other things:

Holy Week 2012 – Since it was a long weekend, I’ve been planning for a beach trip for the family. I was asked to go on kind-of-a forced vacation leave on Holy Wednesday while Maundy Thursday and Good Friday were both regular holidays. The following Monday, being Araw ng Kagitingan, was also a regular holiday. HOWEVER, hubby’s vacation leave request wasn’t approved and so we can’t go out-of-town. Ugh!

It was somehow a blessing because when Maundy Thursday came, I was sick as a dog. I was feeling queasy and nauseous for a couple of days. Thank God I felt a bit better on Saturday and so we grabbed that chance to go on a road trip to Tagaytay. It was a quick trip, surreal but uber fun. We mostly just hung out at the park and then had dinner at Leslie’s for Roden’s favorite bulalo. Evan enjoyed the cold night and kept on asking us to buy a house there… haha


 
Now, going back to my pregnancy story…

The Test:

Combined with my attacks of queasiness and missing my period, I finally succumbed to my beckoning intuition that I might be pregnant. Armed with a pregnancy test kit, I went for it and voila… it came out positive!



We did not expect it to be so soon but we’re definitely very, very happy about it. Given our situation, I felt blessed to be having a baby again.

The Ultrasound Confirmation:

I immediately contacted my O.B. Gyne to schedule an appointment with her for the confirmation of the test. She advised me to have a trans-v ultrasound first before seeing her… and so I did...

April 11th, a Wednesday, is Inang’s birthday and we’d be having dinner at home. It was a good thing that I was already on VL that day so I had time to get the ultrasound done in the morning. Since hubby’s already asleep and he has work that night, I did not wake him up anymore to accompany me. I went ahead by myself to the OB Gyne Department of Makati Medical Center. The lounge was pretty comfortable despite that I had to wait in line. I actually had to wait until around lunch time for my turn.

I regretted leaving hubby only because they allow spouses to go with their preggy wives in the ultrasound room. It would have been a precious moment for him as well as I was on cloud nine looking at the tiny “beating seed” for the first time. I felt immense happiness to see life forming inside my womb. It was like witnessing a miracle.



The Good News:

I was all smiles going home and it was a good thing that Roden woke up early that day. I gleefully narrated what happened in my morning - the wait at MMC, the ultrasound confirmation and basically everything I saw, heard and felt. Probably infected by my energy and of course equal happiness about the baby, he’s so thrilled and excited as well. 

As happy as we were about the confirmation, we decided against telling Evan immediately since he wasn’t so keen on having a sibling just yet. About a week after this, that’s when we talked to Evan to tell him he’s going to be a big brother soon. To our surprise, he wasn’t upset after all. He initially can’t believe it but he became so excited while I tell him about the ultrasound and showed him baby’s first picture. He’s actually very ecstatic too.

The happiness is just soooo overwhelming. I’m still intoxicated by it now.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Around Penang

One of the places in Malaysia on my bucket list is Penang. Even before, I really wanted to walk the streets of Georgetown and have been i...