Tuesday, January 28, 2020

It's 2020!


Been a while since I actually wrote. It’s now 2020 so it’s been 6 years since the last post! Incredible!

Long story short, me and my family are now back in Manila. I joined another company in July 2016. I lost about 10 kilos last year. Kuys is now taller than me and is now in 8th grade at a Science High School. Little D is now in 2nd grade but is still super sweet. Hubby is working as a freelancer and changed jobs in 2018.

Fast forward to 2020, I had the chance to reconnect with my very first boss in KL. She's the very energetic, passionate, all out boss I had who's been supportive of me as well. Anywho, I found out that she’s no longer in the corporate world. She’s now happily living her life to the fullest being a global trotter while managing her business. As she says, she’s one lucky girl! I thought to myself, that’s what I also want. 

It’s the ideal set-up. As a mom, I sometimes wish I could have more time with the family especially now that we don’t have a helper at home. Juggling everything always seems like an impossible feat. What makes it better in a way is that I have a flexible work arrangement in the office which allows me to work from home. But who’d say no to being one’s own boss, right?

I still cannot share what her business is but I immediately did my research right after we talked. I got so excited over it, I devoured (read: scanned) all the reading materials I can find online. It’s a good set-up if you have a right product and a good strategy. If everything’s done right, it could be lucrative as well. It has a great potential. No, it’s not a multilayer networking business if that’s what you’re thinking. It’s an actual business. 

Conceptualization and planning will probably take a longer time as I’m not really entrepreneurial. Capital’s a bit steep, too, so I really need to pay close attention to this. I’ll take it as a challenge. Hopefully in a year, realistically speaking, I have something more to share.  

~Nice~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Around Penang

One of the places in Malaysia on my bucket list is Penang. Even before, I really wanted to walk the streets of Georgetown and have been i...