Thursday, November 11, 2010

Party Planning

To party or not to party? That is the question.

I’m just starting to plan kiddo’s 5th birthday celebration. For the past 4 years, we’ve always had a birthday party for him. We celebrated his 1st birthday at Shakey’s, 2nd birthday at McDonald’s, 3rd birthday at Jollibee, and 4th at his school.



Now I’m thinking not throw a party this year because of what happened last year. Kiddo wasn’t so into it and was frowning almost the entire time although he started smiling towards the end especially when he saw the gifts.

So initially, I was thinking of just spending it at Enchanted Kingdom, a local theme park. When I told him about it, he got excited. But just a couple of weeks ago, we found out that their school is already going there for their field trip this November. That’s why I’m now back to the drawing board.

One of the things I'm considering is a simple family outing at a beach resort in Batangas (or anywhere near Metro Manila). I thought about this because he enjoyed our Boracay trip last September and he even suggested we go back there for his birthday. He enjoyed that trip so much he didn’t want to go home.

But that’s just too expensive so I'm thinking maybe Batangas, Subic, or somewhere nearer the city. 

I'm also thinking of a simple celebration - maybe just go somewhere in the metro and have a simple family dinner with our extended families.

Let’s see how it will pan out. Anyway, I still have 6 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Around Penang

One of the places in Malaysia on my bucket list is Penang. Even before, I really wanted to walk the streets of Georgetown and have been i...