Thursday, December 11, 2014

Marco Polo Restaurant

When I went back to work from my vacation leave, apparently my birthday was not over yet. I had another birthday celebration with my colleagues. Best part of it was that I got to choose the restaurant. First requirement in mind was to dine where there’s pork! Craving for dim sum, I chose Marco Polo Restaurant.

Marco Polo is a Chinese restaurant located in Wisma Lim Foo Yong, a stone’s throw away from our office. They have a food cart of dim sum that goes around the restaurant. For those who cannot speak Chinese, it is actually easier to order this way. Just take a peep at what’s inside the dim sum basket and order away. We decided to go there early as it gets crowded at lunch time. As it turns out the cart starts going around only at exactly lunch time. We did not have a Chinese-speaking person with us which made it difficult to talk to the waiters and order since most of them speak only Chinese. Since the cart wasn’t there yet, I ordered 3 of the dim sum I am familiar with - siew-mai, har kow, and xiao long bao. But until our party was complete and their dim sum cart started, my order did not come.

Nevertheless, the food was good and filling. We all went back to the office satisfied, full and sleepy from too much food intake.




If you're looking for an authentic Chinese restaurant with that traditional vibe, Marco Polo is the place to be.


Marco Polo Restaurant
1st Floor, Wisma Lim Foo Yong,
86, Jln Raja Chulan,
50200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-21412233

~Nice~







2 comments:

  1. Foods looks so delicious on those pictures. I will go to binondo
    Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol nothing beats Binondo food trip... let's go there on our next trip to Manila ;) haha

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Around Penang

One of the places in Malaysia on my bucket list is Penang. Even before, I really wanted to walk the streets of Georgetown and have been i...