Monday, June 17, 2013

DSWD Travel Clearance

Since the kiddo will be travelling with his Ninong Erik to visit me abroad, I had to request for his travel clearance from DSWD.

Armed with complete documentary requirements, we went down to the regional office of DSWD in Legarda. See the complete address below:

389 San Rafael St. Cor. Legarda,
Sampaloc, Manila

Luck was on our side that day as there weren't a lot of people. As instructed by the social worker, we registered and waited to be called. We were also given a form which had to be filled out. After about 15 minutes of waiting time, it was our turn to submit the requirements, which are as follows:

1. Birth certificate of minor
2. Marriage certificate of parents
3. Affidavit of consent of parents
4. Valid ID of parents
5. Photocopy of passport of travelling companion
6. Minor's ID picture, 2 pcs.

The social worker asked a few questions especially about the travelling companion among other things.

After finding out I would be working abroad, she also asked for a copy of my employment contract. Good thing that I have it in my email. I just had it printed and voila! We're given the claim stub and was instructed to come back for the travel clearance on Monday.

When we returned, the place was actually more packed with requestors. We also waited longer which was ironic since we're just supposed to pick up the travel clearance. After maybe 30 minutes, I was told that I have to pay to the cashier downstairs. Great! When I got hold of the clearance I noticed it had a typo error which had to be pointed out. They have all the documents but they can't just verify the spelling before typing it down. Anyway after the spelling was corrected and countersigned, I finally got the clearance.

When it's your turn to get a travel clearance, make sure to bring all documents to avoid hassles. Also, make sure to check the travel clearance before leaving DSWD.




Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Around Penang

One of the places in Malaysia on my bucket list is Penang. Even before, I really wanted to walk the streets of Georgetown and have been i...