Sunday, October 31, 2010

World's Greatest Dad


We went to the cemetery today to visit my dad's and bro’s resting place. Dad passed away a few months after college. I remember a couple of days prior to his passing he even teased me to buy him lechon paksiw. It was a good thing I did oblige and bought him lunch that day. Little did I know that that would be his last request from me.


Looking back I thought dad was too strict and too stiff. Now that I now have my own little boy I appreciate all the things he did for me. For all the “mean” things he did to me, I learned all the values I now cherish and would also want to pass on to my own child.

Wherever you are Tatang, I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Around Penang

One of the places in Malaysia on my bucket list is Penang. Even before, I really wanted to walk the streets of Georgetown and have been i...