Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Thoughts on Leadership




Leadership is definitely a big word that’s difficult to live up with. I’ve worked with and met different leaders with different styles. Nothing is ever the same and there’s no cookie cutter type of leadership. Honestly, I also don’t know if I’m a good one but anyhow I have gotten good feedback *wink*.



I just know that it’s not good leadership to grab people’s ideas and showcase them as your own. It’s not good leadership to blatantly lie to make yourself look good to the detriment of your direct reports. You're not supposed make them feel terrible by telling them someone complained about them for no reason at all. It’s not good leadership to never be available to your staff if they need to find solutions. You are not to push all decisions to your people and watch them make mistakes. 

I’m afraid we cannot call it leadership at all. It is frustrating and disappointing in so many levels. People like this are not leaders, they’re repulsive creatures trying to be the boss of others when they clearly do not have the skills. In effect they just demotivate people and suck the life out of others.

It’s a sad fact of life though. Then again no one ever said that life is fair. 



~Nice~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Around Penang

One of the places in Malaysia on my bucket list is Penang. Even before, I really wanted to walk the streets of Georgetown and have been i...