Monday, August 19, 2013

The Journey

My first month in KL just went by so fast as I have expected. Taking on a challenging recruiting assignment made it easier for me to take my mind off homesickness.

Due to the fact that we now have Skype, facetime, viber and other apps made me feel closer to home. I get to see and talk to my family everyday. We still get to chat about school, home work, my husband's work, and my baby's development. Although of course it is much better to feel their embrace and kisses, I get the second best thing.

Everyday I still wake up at 5AM to wake up my kiddo. I call him and we facetime every morning. In the afternoon, he texts me through viber to tell me he's home. When I reach the apartment, we face time while I have dinner to feel like they're with me.



When I got back to Manila to process my POEA registration/ OEC, I really, really felt so happy to finally be able to touch them, hug and kiss them after a month of not being with them.

It felt good that my daughter who's now 8 months old still recognizes me. It was the best feeling when she woke up and smiled at me when she saw me. She looked equally happy when I carried her in my arms. It was priceless. My son despite his cool facade was also excited to see me again.

For this same reason, returning to KL was much more difficult the second time.

But I am back. I am here again trying so hard everyday not to feel bad about leaving my family and not to miss them so much.

Everyday is a challenge... but I just count the days until they move here with me.

xoxo,
Nice




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Around Penang

One of the places in Malaysia on my bucket list is Penang. Even before, I really wanted to walk the streets of Georgetown and have been i...