Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My Perfectly Imperfect Life

Working abroad gave the family a sense of independence that I did not realise we’re not used to. I came from a family where my mother was the only one who kept the house and took care of all 5 of us. My husband also grew up with his grandma who raised him without a nanny. Now that we have our own family, since both of us have our own careers, we’ve always had house help. 

When the family moved here in KL, we were forced to be on our own. We can’t afford to hire a helper whose based here while our nanny does not have papers so we can’t bring her here as soon as we'd hope. This is our biggest problem right now.


I’m too tired to do the chores on a daily basis. I’m already tired by the time I reach home while hubby is not just used to the daily grind. He can’t handle the kids and the chores at the same time. Apparently he doesn’t have enough patience to deal with the terrible 2 daughter. He also cannot organise our son’s home school schedule. I try to do as much chores as I could handle but my body just can’t take all the stress. I'm only human after all. 

We’re slowly becoming a tired, unhappy couple. We try to fight it but from time to time, it really just kicks us a little harder in the face.

This really is one of the major challenges we now have as a family. I’m tired and I get irritated with what he’s doing or not doing. I’m sure he feels the same way, too. To top it all off, I have no right complain. I played a major/primary role in coming here and deciding for the family to drop what they’re doing in Manila and live here with me. In short, this is all MY fault.



For now, there’s really nothing much I can do but convince myself that happiness is a choice. I choose to be happy so I just try to shrug things off. Most probably he's doing the same thing as I am. 

I just hope for more patience and understanding and a family-first mindset for all of us. Apart from that, wait for the yaya’s paperwork to be done and finally ship her here. 

In God’s name, I pray. Amen.  


xoxo,
Nice








No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Around Penang

One of the places in Malaysia on my bucket list is Penang. Even before, I really wanted to walk the streets of Georgetown and have been i...