Monday, July 1, 2013

A Memorable Despedida

Saying goodbye is never an easy thing... No, I'm not singing. It's truly how I feel.

I had my last day at work this Friday. It seemed not too long ago when I gave my boss my resignation letter. So it felt so surreal and almost unbelievable. I even felt special, like I will be missed somehow.

The night before, I had coffee with one of my best friends in the office after a very engaging and inspiring (almost kind of awkward way because I was resigning) Townhall with the company's Chief HR Officer. It's been a while since we had a long conversation after I moved to another team. 

On my last day itself, I had lunch with my boss and a few of my teammates. It was a fun lunch where we shared previous interview horror stories and exchanged opinions on showbiz chismis. The team also gave me a goodluck cake before I left for Cybergate. To be very honest, it was something I did not expect having been with the team for just 3 months. Oh they also gave me lot of Accenture merchandise!😄


The next couple of hours from when I left the Gateway office gave me a very memorable experience as well. But in an entirely different way, which I will no longer discuss here. I just know it will forever be in my memory. 

In the afternoon, I had coffee with one of my hiring managers where one of my recent hires joined too. I also met few of my friends who are formerly from tech like me.

The dinner was special having spent it with few of my closest friends at work. I appreciate it so much that they alloted a few hours for me despite that a couple of them had to travel from different locations. They are a lot of things to me - my friends, confidantes, sisters and even children. Needless to say, they mean a lot to me.

Like with the previous companies I worked for in the past, what made leaving difficult were the friendship and relationships I somehow managed to build. I will always treasure fond memories with my friends from Accenture.




Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Around Penang

One of the places in Malaysia on my bucket list is Penang. Even before, I really wanted to walk the streets of Georgetown and have been i...