Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year

For some people, the New Year brings a feeling of hope and optimism. It closes the year that was and gives people reasons to hope and believe that great things will happen. I am one of those people. Not that it’s the only time to feel hopeful but it gives that sense of closure and start of a new cycle.

Closing the year 2010, I looked back at how the year went for me and my family and here is my Top 10 list:

10. Witnessed miracles and good things happen to my friends and family: a friend is now in remission from lymphoma; babies being born; wishes and prayers granted.

9. Kept my balance by spending “me” time not only to pamper myself but also to reflect.

8. I moved to a job where I got a raise on my 6th month. :) Seriously... I got a job where I met new friends and formed new bonds.

7. Hubby found a job where he was recognized and even got promoted on his third month.

6. Kiddo did well and is doing well in school. His grades improve every quarter, he's getting more and more curious of the things around him, looking for answers, finding explanations to things.

5. Despite our own problems and issues in life, my family especially my Mom and Ate helped me during a crisis.

4. For the entire year, none of us in the family had to be hospitalized… except for my brother who had cholesterol issues. But aside from that, we never had anything worse than cough and colds.

3. Hubby and I have a good relationship. We’re normal people, we also fight but we love and respect each other. We had a few dates as a couple and a lot of “us” times.

2. I have a son who loves me. I love his random kisses, hugs and I love you’s. He makes me feel like I’m doing the right thing in terms of disciplining and rearing him although there are times I’m unsure.

1. I am surrounded by people who love me. Just by having them around and knowing that they’re ok, makes me feel so much blessed.

Of course, New Year wouldn’t be complete without setting the goals for the year. Mine are really just simple:


1. Project 360: Take a photo everyday to remind me of the day’s highlight/s
2. Read at least 1 book a month because this is something I have never done ever since I worked… and that’s like a decade already.
3. Get another raise or look for business opportunities.
4. Enroll Kiddo in a class (drums and/ or karate) this summer and transfer him to a big school.
5. Help hubby with his goal of getting his diploma – a major task!
6. Finally start running (or any form of exercise) and start eating healthy.
7. Live in the moment (read: less Facebook and twitter)… and not to worry so much of the future.
8. Baby girl!

.. And my simple wish for the year is for all of my loved-ones to stay healthy and happy – for them to have their hearts’ desires.

Happy New Year!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Around Penang

One of the places in Malaysia on my bucket list is Penang. Even before, I really wanted to walk the streets of Georgetown and have been i...